Saturday, December 27, 2008

Sheepdog Barking is Now a Twitter

I am trying to stay up with the latest and greatest Internet innervations. As such, I’ve joined Twitter as an augmentation and a pointer to this blog, Sheepdog Barking.

Twitter is a free blog community allowing a posting of no more than 140 characters at a time. The uniqueness of Twitter is that the reader can select and follow the postings of their favorite people, which are directly sent to the reader’s own Twitter site. Alternatively, the reader may go directly to the selected Twitter’s site just like any other blog.

The concept of Twitter is to allow writers to share the little everyday things in life. As the Twitter home page says:

Twitter is a service for friends, family, and co–workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing?
For instance, a fellow Twitter might post that he is sitting in the backyard having a cup of coffee.” Yawn, like who really gives a fat rat’s a…?

Well, apparently a whole lot of people actually do because Twitter is very popular.

I won’t be putting up any such inane postings on Twitter, but I will be posting notifications of new blogs on Sheepdog Barking, and I’ll let you know bits of information that I find interesting. For example, I Twitter posted that Bill Bennett’s new book, The American Patriot’s Almanac, is a good read and that Al Martinez has a new blog piece up entitled, Up Paula’s Nose & Other Stories. My Al Martinez Twitter post has a direct link to his blog posting.

I have not yet figured out all the possibilities of using Twitter, but it seems quite convenient when you want to stay abreast of a limited number of people. So far, I am only following Hugh Hewitt and a For Sarah Palin Twitter accounts. I’ll gradually add more when I see who has posted substantive information.

My Twitter address is:
http://twitter.com/SheepDogBarking

Can you believe it? What a twit I’ve become!

Links in this Blog:
SheepDog Barking on Twitter

Up Paula’s Nose & Other Stories

The American Patriot’s Almanac

No comments: